Sunday, August 8, 2010

Purpose of this Blog

The intent of this blog is simply to promote evangelism online through Church, and other Christian websites. Well, occasionally we'll address other issues, too. That might include comments that sound alarming like whining and crying.

Overall, I want to interact with you and others about how this task can be accomplished more effectively and efficiently. I will attempt to make comments that reflect the importance of this subject and others but with a more "open collar" format. (See Website for the "closed collar" version)

I guess I feel like lots of others do about blogs. Why would anyone care what is said here. I am personally very cautious about whose opinions I listen to, or more specifically, how many opinions I listen to; not because I don't want a variety of views; rather, like you, I have only so much time during the day and giving that time over to useless, banal blogging isn't my idea of good stewardship: mine or yours.

Therefore, I will try to write about ideas and issues that you agree are important even if you disagree with the opinion(s) itself.

I've had the pleasure over much of the last year of being part of a rather obssesive team who is committed to helping the Church be more effective in her evangelistic efforts. I hope our efforts, our vision and this blog contributes, at least in part, some clarity and, okay, "guilt" about why this isn't already part of the evangelical landscape. I hope you will consider all of what we're about and join us. See The aXiom Network for more information.

Surveys: Each month I post a different Survey for readers to quickly share their opinions. Feel free to look ahead to future months to take the surveys even though nothing is actually posted yet. Again, I want to know what you think. I also believe Church (local and national) need to know as well. This is a good place to let your thoughts known.

Serving with you,

Rev. Don Walley, Director,
The aXiom Network
http://www.theaxiomnetwork.com/


I Want To Hear Your Ideas:

Share your thoughts, opinions, general rantings about something I blogged. NOTE: Resectful, responsible and repeatable comments and opinions are welcome and will be posted.

Ground Rule #1: No respect, no response! (DISagreement is welcome, DISrespect for others or their views is not. NOTE: If you're not sure of the difference you probably should'nt write.)

Ground Rule #2: I decide! This is not a public bulletin board. It's about edification, education, encouragement and occasionally, whining about my blogs regarding evangelism particularly.

Ground Rule #3: Any questions? Read #1 & #2 again!

No comments:

Post a Comment